I’ve had the privilege of getting into the inner vault of Facebook in NYC today with 6 hours of presentations from their heads of Instagram, Creative Shop and Measurement.
What is massively apparent is:
- Everything is mobile and mobile is everything
- Create for the platform not for the screen
- Video killed the text copywriter
- Your video has 3 seconds to capture people’s attention
- You’ve got to pay for everything
- Facebook don’t know as much about you as you fear they do
1 in every 5 minutes spent on people’s mobile device is spent on either Facebook or Instagram (which hit 4000 users today). So if you’re a brand and not there, you’re not a brand.
Food for thought.